CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

My First Poz

So it was a thursday, surrendering myself to stress brought about by standard deviations, mean deviations, x and y's, radicals and all the statistical and algebraic problems.

then someone texted me - it's ym, a new friend invite.

me: (hmmm... new admirer who stumbled upon my inactive gayromeo account? or a friend i forgot i knew?)

then he messaged via ym again, as it turns out, it's B.I.T.C.H's good friend W, he wanna check out how im coping with my condition.

ah, so thoughtful, im seriously touched. we exchanged numbers and texted all the way through the class, im quite sure he saved most of my CD4 from dropping brought by statistics.

W is a freelance yoga teacher, i remember during my first 2 days of being a poz, while reading infos about HIV, Yoga is considered to be one of the best exercise to protect our immune system. so we decided to meet, chill for a while and do yoga the next day.

i was anxious, let me put it promptly - I've never met an HIV positive person other than myself (I know i slept with one, but at the time i didnt know he was, he didnt even) , though im making friends with fellow pozzies via internet, i still feel secluded.

when i met him, im quite surprised, W is cute in person as he is in his pictures! he also looks healthy, given the point of view of someone who doesnt know his condition, he's small framed, he has that kind of built/frame that is a pre-requisite for a celebrity, i mean, in camera, he would look bigger and heavy and average, but in person he's small-framed, there's really something wrong with how the camera captures weight, you know, thats why when you meet some celebrities, you would say "ay payat pala sya, ay puti pala sya.." W has that going on in him.

with me still in awe with how cute he W is, we talked in a coffee shop somewhere, we talked about HIV like it's so normal, and i like it, i asked about CD4's and the viral loads, treatments and avrs, and we're so casual about it, though now and then W will lower down his voice when he mentions HIV, or just simply name it as HI, i really dont care, the couple behind me probably heard us long before, the tables are arranged in a manner that we're like glued together, anyway, a whisper could still be heard.

cant resist it any longer, i asked if i can pinch his nose (as im attracted to it) he almost doubt my intention and joked that it's real. he allowed me, anyway.

after an hour we went to the yoga class, and hell, i can feel every inch of my body sweat! and i can see why the researchers say it's good for us, we will be workout, sweating and all, without much stress that weightlifting and the treadmill brings, i can feel my CD4 goin up, and after the session it just felt right.

after the session, W showed me his medications, in his eyes i can see some resentment, maybe he's just tired, or still coping, or simply doesnt like the drugs. they are three, all with different purpose, to be taken day by day.

there he told me his plan, he read that yoga helps HIV poz people live longer, however the study was only done abroad, and not here yet, and W wants to be the first. he wants to introduce yoga to us, arranged a session for a poz class, and let us know the healthy benefits of yoga to us, as he says his plan, his eyes glow, i can almost see a smile, i like his goal and his vision. this is his way of helping. others, like me, wouldve said "get tested! protection! blah blah".. but those warnings are for the negatives, we all go say "there is life after HIV!" we smile and laugh, then later on our eyes will be sad. W here wants to take that away, in his on way, he can make a difference to us pozzies. and W isnt just planning, he will take actions that will help not just himself, but us all, fellow pozzies.

for the health benefits of yoga, click this article here and another one here.

praying that W's plan will be pushed through. :)

and praying to see W again, weeeeeee.

0 comments: