CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 26, 2010

first day at the school!

So it was a friday, and Mama B.I.T.C.H. and greenfrog invited me over at R.I.T.M. for a birthday celebration for the feb-born people.

choosing R.I.T.M. as my treatment hub, it will be a good opportunity for me to see and check out the place.

so off i went after a stressful day at my college, i expected an hour-long trip going there, but luck must be on my side, the bus ride going there is a breeze (except that the bus TV airs icky wowowee).

soon as i step foot in Alabang, the stress in my system quickly died, okay, so i grew up wandering around ortigas, libis and makati and refused to go south as in my perception, they look like intramuros manila, man, was i ever wrong.

so GreenFrog told me to look for a multicab and ride one going to R.I.T.M., again, with wrong preception, I thought Multicabs are like the hybrid tricycle and jeepney that could be found in Davao, so i was going around the fire station building looking for that multicab version in my head, on the street there are hoards of mini-vans waiting for passengers, one driver signaled me to ride in his van (no pun intended) , I ignored him, he signaled again, I told him in snobbish tone that I was looking for the Multi-Cab , he told me that they are the Multi-cabs. ooooh ( put in elle woods cutie dumbness here, put in elle woods apologetic - 3000 megawatt smile there)

so soon as i got in at R.I.T.M., Greenfrog instructed me to go to the OPD Annex, but soon as I got there, he wasnt there! in fact I didnt know anyone... then I met Grandma.

Grandma saw me and thought I was a newbie who didnt know anyone, we talked and s/he learned later that I am a newbie who almost knew everyone. she was glad to know i knew B.I.T.C.H., greenfrog and the rest, then we talked some more and like a real grandma, s/he talked about her experience.

This, is exactly what i like about hanging out with fellow pozzies like myself - you get to distinguish HIV myths and realities. take grandma for example - s/he have HIV for 16 years now - and s/he's still looking healthy and fabulous! a complete 360 degree difference with how movies and tv shows portray characters with HIV / AIDS who is already dying, with tubes all over his body, as early as what - 3 or 5 years or whatever? SOOO NOT TRUE!

I like Grandma's company and I wanna hear more of her stories as this person, right before my very eyes, beat Sarah Jane Salazar(RIP) in the life game.

then B.I.T.C.H. hurriedly came in his attempt to pick me up at the OPD, and was glad to see me with Grandma, we talked, grandma and i seperated as B.I.T.C.H lead me to the waiting/patient area where the rest of the pozzies are. I met the doctors, Greenfrog (coming from the derma department) came in and welcomed me, met the fellow pozzies, sang along with them... the rest of the pozzie group in this post was there, though i finally met EM who scared me in his comment with my post here, oh and I also met E of the Chronicles of E the night before as B.I.T.C.H. and co. , Greenfrog and I watched a movie, I also Met B.I.T.C.H.'s Papi, and other pozzies too, (one harry potterish guy, one guy who is very, eh, flamboyant for words).

Greenfrog and I ate Brunchinner together (our version of bfast, lunch and dinner) and talked about J (my sire, you know, the one who infected me, using vampire language) about how media got HIV/AIDS so wrong, how we could really just live our lives and not die young, and how great R.I.T.M. is (basically, it's like a retreat house with a sense of modernity).

was feeling sleepy the whole time (because of my case study report in school) but that didnt stop me from having a good time.

later that night we went to have dinner at pancake house (midnight snack for greenfrog and I, as we are still full, but our eyes are still hungry...ooh the oh-so-full stomach!)

i was really having a good time, i was so happy I met this new pozzy friends of mine, they definitely saved me from any depression i could have later on if i chose to live with HIV alone,

like better put in by GreenFrog, "Isn't it Ironic that you really get to live life more now than before?" it's true what he said.

this pozzie group im in, is more than just a support group now, we're close, real friends who uplift each other through everything and is a living testimony that there is life in HIV, not death.

they even put my life frustrations and sexual frustration into a halt, they made me realize that there is more to life, and there is always the NOW to do what you wanna do...

to better paraphrase Gossipy Girlallo "With Friends like this... Who Needs an Orgy?"

0 comments: