CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

mirror, mirror

I remember when Wanggo Gallaga came out about him being a poz, he wrote something about "he doesnt know anyone with HIV and now i know one, and i see him everyday when i look in the mirror" or something like that, i remember it being so sad, as the buzz reporter read it in such a way that it feels like it's such a resentment.

so now i am a poz myself, i was trying to channel that statement by wanggo.

being only 9 days old, i thought it'll be easy.

I looked at myself in the mirror, and I don't see anything wrong with me, not in the way wanggo's statement was read, anyway. i dont see any resentment, at all.

i looked in the mirror, and didnt see me as "one with HIV". im still me. just me.

HIV cant name who i am, and cannot describe who i am, and certainly cannot control me.

in some ways, HIV is a gift, why? ive known im a poz for only 9 days, looking back, the days didnt pass by so quickly for me, the 9 days felt like a year or so... why? because i live life by every second i breathe.

i get to appreciate life more, myself more, and the people around, its a full blown realization of what i really like, what makes me happy and what makes me smile.

every minute i get to say i love you to all those i love, and every day i feel in peace, spiritually at least.

so looking in the mirror, there is no resentment in the eyes of that boy im staring at.

0 comments: