CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 27, 2010

freedom at last

Today is the day. it's Graduation Day, finally!

however, on this big day, I am dead tired, simply cause:

01: the Baccalaureate Mass drama posted prior to this...
02: Because of 01, was able to sleep 'round 3am... Need to wake up 'round 10am or so for the birthday celebration in R.I.T.M. of the march celebrants, which includes me.

needless to say, I woke up 'round lunchtime... way too late for the celebration, I didn't know if I'll attend or not, but then again I'm used to being tardy, and with mama B.I.T.C.H. telling me to go since I have some food with me to share, I attended.

so on the eve of my Graduation I was at R.I.T.M. with a semi-post celebration of my birthday, attending to not-so-newbie A, who is having a hard time accepting his HIV status, and that he needs to start medications already, was given no choice but to buy a watch from Grandma and witnessed the birth of my new sibling whom I'll call H. H was soon "adopted" by Daddy B.I.T.C.H. needless to say I invited H to a HIV awareness event to introduce him to mama B.I.T.C.H.

the event was cool, though I kinda noticed the band (3rd avenue, love the male vocalist and the keyboardist, weeeee!) more than HIV talk itself... Oh well, in Media Management Talk, it's just a matter of bad Media organization in a concept that is good...they just weren't able to balance it out, I wonder what my PR and Media Man Professor would say...

got home past midnight, which my mom didn't like because, oh well, it's the Graduation later on and I need to get my beauty sleep (exact words, so gay, but yes it came from mom.)

unfortunately I wasnt able to sleep, mainly for 3 reasons:

1: The assembly time is way too early for me, which worries me that I wouldn't be able to wake up on time to make it there.

2: new york and I are texting, A conversation I wont put into details here (privacymuch)

3: S, who didnt reply to any of my messages, would be there... weeeeeeee

So I was tossing and turning 'round my bed, replying to new york every now and then, was about to sleep when he will text, I will reply, because I want to... Melikes his company see.

I didnt know if I was able to sleep but around 6am mom woke us up, she was panicking, as we're almost late as she said... at this time of the hour, the way to MOA / SMX is just near, needless to say, My mom is more excited than me.

unfortunately, Mom is right (as they always claim) we are almost late as Im lucky enough to even make it on the processional... mom and I walked on the aisle while we tried to compose ourselves from running from that eternal escalator built near entrance.

we made it anyway, mom is seated behind me, when the rector grant us our degrees and called us graduates, I gave out a sigh of relief, it's like all the burden in the world was lifted from my shoulders, you know, in that split second I felt light - all of my hard work paid off! I remember when J.M. (my fourth ex) and I are thesis partners and we spent more time dating than finishing our paper brought a lot of heated quarrels later on, all the cramming, all night studying, endless efforts of proving your intelligence - all of this hard work are worth it! it's such a lovely feeling!

soon after I was called and exited the stage, I went straight to my professors and hugged all of them - though Im child-like, I tend to make friends more with mature people, I'm closer to my professors, particularly to the math department and social science department professors, I really dont know why! though Im also close to my communication area professors, I feel more closer and comfortable to my math professors... weird. (as usual I caused a 'lil delay as, overwhelmed with gratitude, I hugged and thanked all of my professors along the way, my perky self coming out, feeling the need to hug everyone again, you know.)

along the way, I met my old friends , who are there as photographers, surprised to learn that I've graduated this year and not last year as expected, I saw my P as well, P is the first person I met in my college, and we became close friends immediately, however, she stopped after our junior year as she became a proud mama, her family just let her brother finish first, as financial matters became a big matter with the inclusion of my godson, now Im so happy to learn that she re-enrolled for the next semester.

Oh, I also found out that the guy I met in the LRT in this post here is a former alumnus of my college, no wonder why he looks familiar!

of course there was S, he has the nerve to look at me in the eye and smile, but at the time (as I was walking in the aisle) I felt way too happy that I just forget everything and just smiled back, but mom saw S too, and like a conservative mom teaching her "daughter" to be conservative as well, she pinched my back discreetly as we passed through S's row.. weeeee!

so all throughout the ceremony (my course was called third, so my course mates and I are free to "go around" the function hall) I was busy replying to all those who texted their greetings, texted new york too, S greeted me as well, ho hum.

since the ceremony is taking way too long to end, I played the "Im lost" game with the cute ushers, talked to LRT guy, catched up with P, did photo-ops with fellow friends, which later on I found hard to upload as, ehem, I gained too much weight! I need my facial hair back, I need to tone up again.

anyway, soon as the ceremony ended, we all hugged and cried tears of joy, photo ops everywhere! and, ehem, we all exchanged numbers! even to those whom we didnt know! we're all that happy!

I saw P and her family, some fellow friends, and actual batchmates who, like me, are delayed for a year, hugs and kisses, I was looking for S's family, honestly, but we're way too many that I cant find them, when D patted my back, saw them, we all cheered, saw my ex-in-laws, ex-dad-in-law looks thinner now, his hairline is still intact though, ex-mom-in-law looked as glamorous as ever, though she obviously gained a wattle in her chin, S... hmmm, still looks.... aaargh! we just hugged, had a photo taken with D and S together with me in the middle (perfect threesome!) and, lo and behold, I was introduced to D's girlfriend... so the threesome wont happen anytime soon.

new york is still keeping me company through text, I decided to turn down offers from my batch mates to eat at MOA as I want to spend this time with mom and sis. Dad, as usual, isnt around as he is "busy".. but like in his usual way of making his presence felt in the family, he deposited more money in my bank account... weee, yeah, though my dad is a Tuna Exporter, my dad is really more of a bank to us. seriously... :)

later on me, mom and sis ate at kimpura in greenhills, with mom making sure I wont accidentally eat something with shrimps, oysters, squids and seashells in it, this is how a conversation between me and mom went:

"son, your MaƱa Cum Laude looks gay"...

"oh, GHT? I dont know, he's just a bit of an introvert I guess"

GHT is a third degree friend or so, see J.M. my ex, is close to a friend of GHT , so I know him, but he doesnt strike me as gay...

"Son, I think he is... Why wont you make friends with him?"

"oh, we are, he just texted me a congratulations message"

"good, ask him out, I bet he's way better than S."


wow, the best graduation gift ever, A mom as cool and as controlling as mine.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your mom's proposition.
-F